TANKPAC – Online Condition Monitoring for Tank Floors
Evaluating overall floor condition without removing tanks from service…
TANKPAC™ is the only established tank floor grading system that has been field proven through decades of use and independently evaluated and reported by Shell International and Dow Chemical Company. TANKPAC™ provides a non-intrusive assessment of the corrosion activity of the tank floor utilising externally mounted sensors operating in the ultrasonic frequency range.
- Optimisation of tank operators’ Probabilistic Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Results can be directly used in RBI programs for adjustment of assessment factors as directed by EEMUA and API engineering recommendations.
- Allows prioritisation of maintenance budgets, allowing the operator to make more informed decisions on which tanks to inspect and when to inspect them.
TANKPAC™ key features:
- Can be applied to all atmospheric storage tanks, containing light, medium and heavy products and across all temperature ranges.
- Fast and efficient testing without the need to empty the tank contents
- Test lasts a few hours and covers the entire floor and all its features.
- Established grading system per EN15856-2010.
- Proprietary signal analysis software reducing reporting time and providing objective results.
Detectable damage modes:
- Top side corrosion including all floor features.
- Underside corrosion.
- Roof and wall corrosion is detected but not evaluated.
- Leaks may be detected depending on overall tank condition.